Saturday 25 January 2014

2014 : 年饼 : Golden Coconut Ball 椰香金丝球


妈妈最爱“椰子”无论是椰青,椰汁,椰子饼。。。有任何能够吃而用椰子做的食物、饼干她都很喜好!今年也取了“ Jane's Corner " 的“ Golden Coconut Ball ”  椰香金丝球 ”

My mom like coconut very much , especially young coconut , coconut juice , coconut biscuit ... Year 2013 I found Janechew blogspot , she bake " Golden Coconut Ball " I made this during X'mas . My mom said " Delicious " 

And today I bake for my mom too ! 

食谱 ( Recepi ) 
From :

http://janechew.blogspot.com/2013/02/coconut-golden-balls.html?m=1


  • 50g butter, 50g icing sugar, 1 yolk, 20g milk
  • 80g desiccated coconut, 30g plain flour, 20g Horlick ( Sara change to milk powder ) 
  • additional 20g desiccated coconut for coating, candy heart shape for deco
Method:
  1. cream butter and icing sugar till pale.
  2. add in yolk follow by milk and mix well. 
  3. add in desiccated coconut, flour and Horlick mix to combine.
  4. Take a small portion and roll into ball (about 1.5cm in diametre)
  5. Roll the small ball in the additional desiccated coconut and make sure it is well coated.
  6. Put the candy heart at the centre of each ball.
  7. Arrange in baking tray and bake in preheated oven 170C for 15 mins or until golden brown. ( Sara's oven 150 C , 15 mins ) 








I am submitting this post to Bake Along #57: Theme - Chinese New Year Cookies organized by JoyceLena and Zoe.



4 comments:

  1. You are such a lovely daughter!
    This cookies sounds interesting with the usage of Horlicks!
    I love coconut in bakes too.
    Thanks for linking.
    Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah ! It is delicious ! It should be , coz my mom stay alone ( my papa past away few years ago )

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara,

    You have baked these more than once... They must be very delicious!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a new cookie to me..hmm..i can imagine each bite comes with the chewiness from that coconut ...

    ReplyDelete